Did Not Attend policy
Queen's Crescent Surgery has a published policy relating to patients who continually fail to attend / change / cancel their pre-arranged appointment. This policy can be downloaded here and all patients are asked to adhere to the policy at all times.
Queen's Crescent Surgery has a published policy relating to zero tolerance behaviour received from patients / relatives. This policy can be downloaded here and all patients are asked to adhere to the policy at all times.
Confidentiality & Medical Records
The practice complies with data protection and access to medical records legislation. Identifiable information about you will be shared with others in the following circumstances:
- To provide further medical treatment for you e.g. from district nurses and hospital services.
- To help you get other services e.g. from the social work department. This requires your consent.
- When we have a duty to others e.g. in child protection cases anonymised patient information will also be used at local and national level to help the Health Board and Government plan services e.g. for diabetic care.
If you do not wish anonymous information about you to be used in such a way, please let us know.
Reception and administration staff require access to your medical records in order to do their jobs. These members of staff are bound by the same rules of confidentiality as the medical staff.
The overarching principle at Queens Crescent Surgeyr is to process the data we hold for you fairly, lawfully and transparently. The following will provide you with the information we believe you should have to satisfy yourself that this is the case.
- Data Controller - 1) Queens Crescent Surgery , 10 Queens Crescent Glasgow G4 9BL and 2) Greater Glasgow and Clyde Health Board , Information Governance Manager. JB Russell House, Gartnavel Royal Hospital Campus, 1055 Great Western Road, GLASGOW G12 0XH
- Data Processor - 1) Data Protection Officer, Egton Medical Information System (emis) Rawdon House, Greenlane, Yeadon, LEEDS- LS19 7BY Tel: 0330-024-1269. 2) Data Protection Officer, Microtech Group 17-19 Hill St, Kilmarnock KA3 1HA . Tel: 01563 530480 3 ) Webteam Manager- Oldroyd Publishing Group Ltd. Barons gate Graceways, Whitehills Business Park, Blackpool FY54 5PW Tel: 01253-608013 4) Data Protection Officer- Mjog Limited 23 High Street Wilburton CB6 3RB 5) NHS National Services https://nhsnss.org/services/practitioner/data-protection/
- Data Protection Officer –We are currently waiting for clarification from BMA regarding this. In the mean while any questions concerning use of your information should be directed Mr David Smith- Practice Manager –10 Queens Crescent Glasgow G4 9BL
Freedom of Information
Information about the General Practioners and the practice required for disclosure under this act can be made available to the public. All requests for such information should be made to the practice manager.
We make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice.
However, we are aware that things can go wrong resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint. If this is so, we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.
To pursue a complaint please contact the practice manager who will deal with your concerns appropriately. Further written information is available regarding the complaints procedure from reception.
Access to Records
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and Access to Health Records Act, patients may request to see their medical records. Such requests should be made through the practice manager and may be subject to an administration charge. No information will be released without the patient consent unless we are legally obliged to do so.